Baan Phraya Aharn Borirak

neil niwas

neil niwas was built in the reign of King Rama V (probably 1890) and was the permanent residence of Phraya Aharn Borirak (Pheung Xuto) and Lady Phad Borirak Xuto before passing to their descendants along subsequent generations of the Xuto family.

Phraya Aharn Borirak (Pheung Xuto) was a senior government official who was assigned the first title deed during the reign of King Rama V. This residence is known as Baan Phraya Aharn Borirak. (‘baan’ meaning ‘home’)

Sometime later, in 2008, the ownership of the house and land was transferred to the Mahasith family. In 2014, the family decided to restore and renovate the House and gardens instead of demolishing the entire building. Thus began a 7-year restoration project, following a strategy of preserving the existing building structure as much as possible whilst making the necessary changes for use in today’s world.

The name of the house was changed to ‘neil niwas’, which means ‘Green House’.

นีลนิวาส

นีลนิวาส เดิมเป็นบ้านพักอาศัยถาวรของครอบครัวพระยาอาหารบริรักษ์ (ผึ่ง ชูโต) และคุณหญิงผาด อาหารบริรักษ์ ชูโต และทายาทรุ่นต่อๆ มาของสกุลชูโต สร้างขึ้นในสมัยรัชกาลที่ 5 (สันนิษฐานว่าก่อสร้างขึ้นราวปี 2433) พระยาอาหารบริรักษ์ (ผึ่ง ชูโต) เป็นข้าราชการชั้นผู้ใหญ่ที่ได้รับมอบหมายให้ทำการออกโฉนดที่ดินฉบับแรกของประเทศไทยในส มัยรัชกาลที่ 5 บ้านพักอาศัยหลังนี้จึงเป็นที่รู้จักกันในนาม บ้านพระยาอาหารบริรักษ์ มาโดยตลอด

ต่อมาในปี พ.ศ. 2551 ครอบครัวมะหะสิทธิ์ได้รับการโอนกรรมสิทธิ์บ้านและที่ดินดังกล่าว ในปี 2557 ทางครอบครัวจึงตัดสินใจที่การปรับปรุงพื้นฟูบ้านและบริเวณโดยรอบแทนการรื้อถอนอาคารออกทั้งหมด เพื่อให้สามารถกลับมาใช้ประโยชน์ได้อีกครั้ง โดยมีความตั้งใจที่จะเก็บรักษาอาคารเก่าที่หลงเหลือตามรูปแบบเดิม และสร้างเพิ่มเติมในส่วนที่จำเป็นต่อการดำเนินชีวิตสมัยใหม่ การบูรณะจึงเริ่มต้นขึ้น โดยใช้เวลาในบูรณะ ซ่อมแซมและปรับปรุง รวมทั้งสิ้น 7 ปี เมื่อการปรับปรุงฟื้นฟูอาคารแล้วเสร็จ มีการเปลี่ยนชื่อบ้านเป็น “นีลนิวาส” ซึ่งมีความหมายว่า บ้านสีเขียว

Our Procedure
2014-2021
2014
2014
2014
2015
2016
2016
2016
2017
2017
2018
2019
2020